Profession : Construction Manager (Offshore)
Location : Offshore
Purpose of Job : Professionally manage Company's Projects to ensure growth and profitability, and satisfying the requirements of the Clients
Supervision of Employees : Construction Manager ,Site Managers
Special Job Demands : Excellent Interpersonal & Social Skills Sound knowledge of Business Management Sound knowledge of various Contracts Sound knowledge of Company's capability
Qualifications / Education : Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Manual / Physical Skills : No physical disabilities
Experience : Above 15 Years of experience in Oil & Gas industry (Offshore).
More than 5 -7 years mandatory experience in Offshore platforms.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in GCC or any other leading Offshore platforms in Asia, Europe or Africa
Mandatory Experience & Skills Required
• Extensive work experience in a comparable position in marine construction, Brownfield Tie-ins and Hook Up, offshore pipeline installations on Oil and Gas EPC projects.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations within the offshore environment;
• Extended knowledge in Marine and Subsea operations with at least 10-15 years’ experience in a senior offshore role.
• Ability to lead teams with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• BOSIET Training or Equivalent
• Fluent both in spoken and written English
• DP Vessel experience.
Roles & Responsiblities.
• Closely monitors Construction activities for conformity to contract scope requirements and identify scope changes.
• Administers and enforces compliance with the terms of the contract, the project master plan, the Project Quality Plan (PQP) and project procedures, and management directives.
• Maintains effective communications with client, contractors and key project participants by:
Participating project review meetings on a regular basis
• Discussing any problem areas along with the recommendations for solving them · documenting the project with minutes of meetings, correspondence, telephone call
• Confirmations, daily diaries, to build working files and a project history.
• Reviews project personnel requirements regularly to ensure that the human resources are properly matched to the competency requirements, workload and schedule.
• Promptly informs Project Manager any unusual project events or problems so that they are kept current on unforeseen happenings.
• Practices control by exception and give immediate attention and corrective action to off target items, delegating routine co-ordination responsibilities to the subordinates.
• Responsible for piping prefabrication & erection works of rotary and static equipment’s.
• Identifies material specification, inspection requirements and organizes for stage inspection as required.
• Organize daily planning meeting for execution.
• Monitoring materials delivery and ensuring all checks of the equipment as per vendor specification.
• Oversee the preparation of daily progress reports.
• Prepare work schedule of all related activates to ensure smooth operation of the task/project.
• Assign manpower and equipment in accordance with priorities. Forecasting manpower / equipment’s & coordinating with Head Office for such requirement.
• Oversee the preparation of safe erection plan.
• Ensure all the activities are performed in accordance with company or client HSE rules: Men working are wearing protective clothing and using required safety equipment’s.
• .Adheres to company policies, Procedures, government laws, rules and regulations and working requirements.